Please use this form to contact me with a question, request for interview or other inquiries. For patients submitting a question for me to answer on this blog please answer the questions below this form so that we can get a clear view of what is going on to give you the best possible answer from myself and other readers. Any personal identifying information will be kept private and omitted in any public responses to questions and answers posted on my website.
Due to the high number of patients and caregivers that have been writing to me, please first purchase my book, it includes answers to most of your questions, however I will also answer any additional questions that you may have. If possible please include as much of the following information as you can when you write to me.
How long have you or the patient had illness? What happened immediately before the illness symptoms first became obvious or were formally diagnosed? How severe have the symptoms been? Have there been any long periods of time with a remission of symptoms? What types of treatment approaches have you attempted and for how long? This could include:
- Aminosalicylates like Asacol, Apriso, Lialda, suppositories, enemas.
- Steroids, (Prednisone tablets or enemas),
- Immunomodulators (Cyclosporine, 6MP, etc.)
- Biologic drugs (Remicade, Humira, etc.),
- Antibiotics (Cipro, Vancomycin, Flagyl, others)
- Probiotics (VSL #3, etc.)
- Anti-spasmodic (Loperamide (over-the-counter Immodium, Peppermint oil capsule, prescription anti-spasmodic drugs,
- Psychoactive (prescription anti-anxiety or anti-depressant drugs and/or supplements available without a prescription)
- Diets (low fiber/residue, GAPS, Specific Cabohydrate Diet (SCD),
- Nutritional or herbal supplements (L-Glutamine, fiber, fish oil, olive oil, etc.)
Have you ever smoked (tobacco) cigarettes on a regular basis?
Have you often and / or how many times were you treated with antibiotics in your life? Was it very often or infrequent?
How did you find out fecal transplants? Have you tried fecal transplants before? If yes many did you do over what period of time and what were your results? Did you try other treatment approaches at the same time (drugs, diets, supplements) at the same time to help treat symptoms and facilitate the process?