How fecal transplants cured Ulcerative Colitis is the topic of the Health and Wellness radio show on WLVS radio with nationally syndicated radio talk host Olivia Fox who overcame her own struggles with chronic kidney disease discusses the experience Michael Hurst had using Fecal Transplants along with to treat and ultimately cure his case of Ulcerative Colitis. Michael struggles through over 12 years of illness which brought him to the brink of irreversible surgery until he discovered this alternative. Also featured is Michael’s former roommate and donor who breaks his silence after remaining completely anonymous until now.
In this interview learn:
• Michael’s story about how he used self-administered fecal transplants to treat and effectively cure himself of Ulcerative Colitis when doctors gave him no other option than surgery.
• How Michael discovered that fecal transplants could treat his Ulcerative Colitis 3 days before he was scheduled to have surgery to remove his colon!
• How to find a good donor and how Michael asked his donor, “the man with the perfect poop” who breaks his silence as a donor for the first time in this interview.
• Step-by-step how anyone can make their own to possibly save their life or their colon using supplies that can be found at any drug store.
• How fecal transplants can effectively treat this illness even though medical research has still not defined the cause of Ulcerative Colitis or Crohn’s Disease.
• Why Michael can say with confidence that he is “cured” even though Ulcerative Colitis is not currently defined by doctors in the U.S. as being curable.
• Why even if you are working with doctors you still need to take responsibility for your care and be a knowledgeable and active partner in your treatment.
• The science behind why fecal transplants work and the future of research and the wide range of illnesses that are currently being researched using fecal transplants.
• The surprising truth about the interdependent factors that contribute to the cyclical nature of digestive disease and how this impacts the course of the illness.
• Hilarious stories of learning and misadventure when mixing the fecal transplants which Michael never told his donor / roommate, until now.
• How to turn the vicious, self-perpetuating cycle of illness into a virtuous cycle of health.
• Which anti-depressant medications can make fecal transplants work faster and more effectively so you can do less of them and why they help.
• The nutritional advice he got from the colo-rectal surgeon that ironically helped him avoid surgery and speed the healing process during the fecal transplants.
In June and July 2011 after 12 years of suffering from Ulcerative Colitis that brought him to within days of irreversible surgery, Michael treated himself using fecal transplants. He has now been completely symptom-free since December 2011 without the use of any ongoing use medications or special diets. Through this website FecalTransplant.org articles, videos and book on how to use fecal transplant to cure Ulcerative Colitis Michael has helped many others do the same for themselves and loved ones and routinely answers questions from his readers.